This page contains basic instructions on how to create a web page in Moodle. A Moodle Page displays to the student as a single, scrollable screen.
With the Moodle text editor, you do not need to have expertise in any specific coding languages to create a page.
When to use
Use these instructions when you want to present course information to your students in a single, scrollable page.
A web page is a useful way to present a single, self-contained concept, example or other element of learning material.
Step by step instructions
Create a web page
- Click Turn editing on at the top right of the page .
- In the appropriate section, click Add a resource or activity, select Page from the pop-up activity chooser.
- On the Adding a new Page page, enter a page Name (to display in the section content list) and a Description, if you wish.
- Under Content, add Page content e.g:
- Click Appearance, then select whether you want to Display page name or Display page description on the course home page.
- Complete any other appropriate sections for this web page, and click Save and display to preview the page.
- To make any changes to the page:
- click Edit under the Page activity, then
- click the Edit settings .
If, in creating your web page, you discover that it will require students to scroll through a large quantity of material, consider breaking up the information and presenting it in Book form.
If you experience technical or other issues, consult the Where to get help page.