Dr. Jayashri Ravishankar is with the School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, UNSW since 2010. Her research and teaching areas are in electrical power engineering. She is also interested in technology enabled teaching and industry partnerships for blended delivery. She consistently implements various strategies to improve student engagement and active learning especially in large classes (150+) and to provide an inclusive classroom. She publishes in the IEEE Teaching, Assessment and Learning for Engineering (TALE) conference every year. In 2012, she received the best paper award in this conference.
In 2016, Jayashri received the Teaching Excellence Award in Engineering at UNSW.
Email [email protected] to enquire if Jayashri is available to mentor you.
Learning and Teaching
- student learning
- learning and teaching curriculum design
- integrating technologies into learning and teaching
- general teaching methods
Learning and Teaching Awards and Promotions
- development of an application for a faculty learning and teaching award
- development of an application for a learning and teaching fellowship e.g. Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- development of an application for a UNSW promotion
- how to establish and build networks
- supporting critical reflection through listening and asking questions
- identifying leadership opportunities in learning and teaching, research and social engagement
Conditions for mentoring facilitation
- one-on-one mentoring
- 1-2 mentees at any stage
Academic level of potential mentees
- Lecturer A
- Lecturer B
Willing to mentor within my discipline and/or across disciplines.