Professor Julien Epps has taught for more than 10 years at all levels, and has participated regularly in formative and summative peer evaluation.
Julien has mentored many colleagues in developing their teaching, writing education papers and writing grants and award applications in learning and teaching. He has published more than 200 research journal/conference papers and is well established in his research field. He has had solid success with a wide range of different types of grants.
Julien also has extensive experience with a wide range of responsibilities, committees and processes.
Julien is a Scientia Academy Fellow providing leadership and vision in learning and teaching across UNSW and in the higher education sector.
Email [email protected] to enquire if Julien is available to mentor you.
Learning and Teaching
- student learning
- learning and teaching curriculum design
- assessment and feedback
- feedback on course structure for teaching units
- convening a course
- integrating technologies into learning and teaching
- general teaching methods
Awards and Grants
- development of an application for a faculty learning and teaching award
- development of an application for a faculty learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a UNSW Award for Teaching
- development of an application for a UNSW Scientia Education Investment Fund Program (SEIF) learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a research grant
- feedback on a journal article
- feedback on a conference paper
- reviewing a journal article
- establishing a research profile
Career and Professional
- how to establish and build networks
- how to decide on career priorities
- supporting critical reflection through listening and asking questions
Conditions for mentoring facilitation
- one-on-one mentoring
- group mentoring
- 1-2 mentees at any stage
Academic level of potential mentees
Willing to mentor within my discipline and/or across disciplines.