This page provides step-by-step instructions for staff on how to log in to Moodle, access a course and log out.
Click this link for instructions on logging in as one of your students.
When to use
This resource explains how a staff member can log in, access a course and log out of the Moodle Learning Management System.
Staff can access Moodle to perform a wide range of tasks such as the creation and facilitation of collaborative learning environments to enhance their students learning experience at UNSW.
Step by step instructions
Log in to Moodle
- Go to the Moodle Login/Web Single Sign On page.
- Click 'Agree and sign on to Moodle'
- Enter your User [email protected] (the user ID is your staff number) and press 'Next'
- Enter your Password (your zPass) and click Sign in or press Enter). The Dashboard displays, containing a list of links to all your Moodle courses.
- Did your login fail? It's possible that your staff record is either suspended or inactive in the system. This is particularly likely if you are a sessional teacher. You may need to contact HR to be formally re-employed and added to the staff database, and may need to wait 48 hours for the changes to be processed. Note your password may have expired while you were unemployed and you may need to contact the IT Service Centre on 02 9385 1333 to have it reset.
Once you are logged in, if you are inactive in Moodle for a substantial period, your session will time out. When you next access the Moodle page, the Login page will display with the message:
"Your session has timed out. Please log in again."
- Log in to Moodle.
- Courses that you have access to will appear on the your dashboard.
- Click the name of the course. The course home page displays.
If you are having trouble accessing your course, visit Moodle Dashboard to learn about customising your dashboard, or click on "Site Home" at the top of the navigation block to search for your course.
To log out of Moodle, click on your name at the top right of the page, and click Logout
If you experience technical or other issues, consult the Where to get help page.