UNSW aspires to continuously improve our position as a leading research-intensive university in the Asia-Pacific region, focusing on contemporary and social issues through defined strengths in professional and scientific fields.
We seek to make a significant contribution to the development of knowledge, to learning and teaching, to our students and to society.
In accordance with this aspiration, we are committed to developing "globally focused graduates who are rigorous scholars, capable of leadership and professional practice in an international community" - UNSW Graduate Capabilities.
We do this by:
- 1) Being a destination of choice for students with the greatest potential, irrespective of background.
UNSW will ensure that those admitted to educational programs at UNSW have the greatest possible potential to benefit from the programs and courses that we offer, regardless of their social or cultural background.
- 2) Ensuring a learning and teaching environment that provides students with an outstanding student experience.
UNSW will develop state-of-the-art facilities to meet the evolving learning and teaching needs of the twenty-first century.
- 3) Setting progressive, rigorous and internationally relevant curricula.
UNSW will capitalise on its areas of research strength to develop and maintain innovative academic programs and courses that:
- 4) Enhancing student knowledge, skills and capabilities to pursue professional careers nationally and internationally.
- authentic, situated learning opportunities within both its formal academic programs and courses, and its co-curricular activities.
- 5) Providing a contemporary and engaging campus environment.
UNSW will provide a range of formal and informal flexible learning spaces as part of a culturally and socially rich learning environment. Further, it will provide a range of quality services and facilities that enable students to undertake cultural, sporting, religious (prayer) and/or personal business activities.